View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
AdrianB
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 125i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierokwong View Post
Thanks mate. Wondering how do you feel about the sound of the new exhaust? Coz I will go Powatone next week.

I love the old straight six depth but not something screaming out loud. Is yours one a good choice?

Do you reckon there is any gain in terms of performance?

Cheers,
Piero
No problems, Im happy with the noise it has produced, given its only the rear muffler that has been changed. Its not excessively loud and doesnt produce a drone in the cabin, but its definitely noticeable at startup, idle and when accelerating. Im sure if you were to fit a 3" pipe from the cat back you would get a significantly greater note and some increase in performance but given how new the model is anything done aftermarket is custom at the moment as their are no specific bolt on kits available at least in OZ. I have seen some in the states for 328i however. i didnt want to go that route at least at the moment until more is available and also from the potential of causing any unwanted CEL's. Someone else mentioned that BMW are going to bring out a performance exhaust but I asked the guys at Rolfe and they havent even got the info on the performance range that has been released overseas. I should meet up with you before you go there and you can check it out for yourself. Im hopefully going to have the BMS Stage1 tune in over the next week so that should be really interesing. I have been in contact with them directly over the past couple of months and keeping up with how its development has gone so not expecting any problems once its in.
Appreciate 0