05-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i F20 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpagianotto View Post
Yesterday I was trying to time my car's acceleration, and I noticed something rather interesting.

My car has the regular 205 8AT transmission (not the 2TB 8AT sport transmission), as I'm not even sure you can get the sport transmission for the 118i, but anyway, when I launched with the DSC-OFF mode, after holding the brakes and revving up to 2500-3000 rpm, the car would upshift dramatically quicker than normal.

The car doesn't have a proper launch control, especially because if you hold the brakes for too long, the wheels will start smoking the tires before the car actually moves, but at least the gearbox operates much more aggressively, about as quickly as DSG.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I'll try to make a video about it later this week.

I was also wondering if this has been documented somewhere.
Since noone has replied i will give it a shot.

I think we dont have launch mode. But there is an update on the US verion of the ZF transmission that said it would get Launch mode. But no one knows if its just an software update or a hardware yet.

You could be on something though, as no one has said anything yet.
When you rev it, do you floor it and the revs hold at 2500-3000, or so you manually keep it between that rpm?

Try making a video by doing your procedures and one video by just accelerating from a stand still without brake pressed.
Appreciate 0