10-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #26
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel20 View Post
In 116i form? I'm not being condescending but fun isn't the first word that comes to mind on a 116i or any FWD 100kw car.

I'm also not sure how these options detract from the driving experience. Auto is a personal choice and you get the same suspension, steering etc on your 116i that you do my 125i. a 125i weighs only 55kg more than a 116i and as for the weight of all my options, I imagine if you look at the weight range of the driver from a slender girl to a well built guy, that variation if you're a well built guy accounts for more than the weight of all my options, of that I'm sure. How much weight do you think my toys actually add to the car?

So if you so worried about weight the first place to start would be a diet
Well, at 189 cm and 77 kg, I wouldn't exactly consider myself obese!

I have driven cars with a great variation of power on track days, and found that it has very little influence on how much fun it is to drive. Accelerating down a straight is not very exciting anyway. The fun is all in the corners, and weight is very important. A light low power car is more fun to drive than a heavy and powerful car.

There was an F20 116d demo car at an ice racing weekend. It was very popular. Everybody wanted to drive it over and over again, and came out of it with big smiles. It was also one of the fastest cars on the track.
Appreciate 0