View Single Post
      10-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
frs3052
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: W205 c220 & R53 Mini

New member, new owner and new car

I know that you've probably seen way to many pics of 1 series by one but as I've given the car it's 1st clean in my 1st weeks ownership I thought I'd share some pics and initial thoughts

I know it's probably a cliche to most but the quality of the interior is impressive.. High quality materials, great finish. I bought a stock car so was apprehensive about not being able to spec leather but love the quality of the Alcantara seats. The leather on the steering wheel is also nice on the hands..

The colour of the lights on the centre of the dash changing from white to orange as the daylight conditions change is a nice touch.

The Mpg that I'm seeing. On an engine that's being run in is pretty impressive.

Something else I like is the cruise control. I could nearly do my commute using the cruise control with it braking and accelerating via the toggle control.

Cleaning, boy are the wheels a breath of fresh air and so easy to clean

Dislikes:

Seats. I can't get comfortable for love nor money.... Where is the lumbar support on the bloody seats!

Steering wheel. It's a bit thick and is taking some getting used to!

Mpg.... Chasing a high figure is changing me as a person..... It's making me drive like a granny chasing high mpg

So they are some initial thoughts after my 1st week with the car. I'll update as I spend more time with it

On to the pics.....

I broke out the cleaning gear

The wheels were the 1st thing on the to do list and attacked with some wolfs deioniser

Then the car was snow foamed and washed

Normally I would have liked to have clayed and machine polished but time wasn't allowing today. Ive managed to wash and apply a coat of dodo juice orange crush

I've also modified it replacing the headlight bulbs as I bought a car that was already built so wasn't able to spec xenon..... Some might be able to spot the fail....

Last edited by frs3052; 10-07-2013 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 0