ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by heder View Post
Hi All :-)

I have just recently exchanged my original summer tires (Bridgestone Runflat) with normal non-runflat Goodyear Ultragrip 8 tires (205/55/R16). After the service center completed the installation, I recalibrated/initialised the tire pressure in accordance with the instructions in the users manual. During this process, the car confirmed the calibration on the display. After receiving this confirmation message, I then drove the car for more than 10 km to be sure that the tire pressure calibration was completed.
To simulate a significant loss of tirepressure, I then reduced the pressure from 2.4Bar to 1.6Bar on each wheel, and drove another 10 km to let the car perform monitoring and eventually issue a low-pressure warning.
But after completing my test drive, I didn't get any low-pressure warnings from the display, and all 4 tires was still displayed with green colors on the display. -Does anyone know what could be causing this error?

Best regards
Thomas.
I think the car is monitoring the rotation speed of all four wheels, to see if one tire is rotating faster than the others. When you reduce the pressure in ALL tires, you fool the system, and it will not notice. Try reducing the pressure in only one tire, and you will get a warning.
Appreciate 0