View Single Post
      10-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #17
BigBoi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Bad water pump or bad (belt)tensioner maybe? How many miles? Has the water pump been changed?

Btw.... Do any of you guys listen to The Smoking Tire... a few podcast's ago... they were talking about these E55's at the local street drag races at night(illegal). Seems all you need is a chip and a new s/c pulley and your into the 10's with these cars. THAT'S NUTS!!!

Dackel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post
All E55s make that whine on cold start. It's the transmission pump. It's not a sign of a bad one or anything. The design of the pump makes the whine. A lot of people get wielded out by it but it hasn't been linked to any actual issues.

The rotors likely need replaced as well. Sounds like they did half a brake job. Haggle the price or get them to replace them and the tpms sensors.
@Dackelone Car has 59k miles, car temp didnt go up much wen i was driving around for 20 mins or so puching it on the freeway and local roads.

@pukicabuki i never heard the noise wen i test drove an 05 E55 from the dealer, just the supercharger whining noise which im familiar with, this 2004 E55 makes another loud pitch noise aside from the supercharger. i feel like either the belts are causing it or the pulleys. idk, i told the owner to ask their mechanic what the problem was and they will get back to me hopefully this week. Very honest seller btw, 1 owner vehicle.
Appreciate 0