01-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #47
stoffelve
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 (2009) m135i xDrive (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
I just caught this in autocar UK about the 320i xDrive... sums it up rather good:

"This combination of real-world speed and exemplary body control is taken to another level with the extraordinary grip and stability delivered by the all-wheel drive system. There is never any sense of when, or how, it is working, just an enormous confidence in the ability of the car to pull out of bends on hard acceleration, as well as remaining unruffled by standing water and poor surfaces. Even when driven in anger, this is a very calm car to pilot."

When this is true for the 320i, it will most certainly be true for the M135i I guess. It is just this what I want to see in a capable modern performance car: irrespective conditions, get driveline intelligence on board to feed power to each axle and wheel with the most grip at hand. You as a driver can corner hard and accelerate hard, the car will micro-manage how to deliver this. When you consider you can have this intelligence for about 600€ extra (in Belgium) it would be a shame to leave it unchecked on your purchase order.
+1
Appreciate 0