View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
BigSkyBimmerfan
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

It's been a couple years since I finished my theater but I ended up going with a used Lutron Grafik Eye controller that I picked up on eBay for a couple hundred and DIY installed. It controls 4 zones and 4 "scenes" (in addition to all-on/all-off) so would probably suit your needs. Although you say you don't need remote control, it seemed to be pretty standard on the multi-zone controllers I looked at so just consider it an added bonus. It's actually really nice to be be able to switch scenes without getting up, and even your basic universal remotes (I use an entry-level Harmony) are capable of controlling lighting changes along with various activities.

I can't recall all the specific details you'll need to consider off the top of my head, but you should find plenty of good info here. You need to consider the load on each zone and the various types of lights you're using, etc.

Like I said, it's been a while since I researched mine but feel free to fire away with any questions you have if you're having trouble with the research, and good luck with the build - it's very satisfying once you get it all together.

Here's my before-and-after, quite a small room but lots of fun...

Appreciate 0