View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

cawimmer430, you obviously have a car that does not suit you. One that doesn't correspond to your needs. There are plenty of cars available that would suit you better.

Although I got the f20 not the e87 but still...the things you see as problems/downsides to the car are what I consider the benefits with the 1er =) I'm 190cm tall, if rear passenger space was of any concern I wouldn't consider the 1er. I drive 95% alone or with one passenger... rather appreciate having a somewhat small car easy to find parkingspace in town/home.

I also got plenty of winter here in sweden with snow and ice, optimal for a rwd car in my point of view since I love going sideways. And if I don't, I'll just leave the antispin/DSC/whatnot on.

for me bmw is a brand to choose when you look for something else. When you are NOT looking for the super-practical-spacious-fwd-easy-to-drive-car-that-every-other-brand-can-provide.

If bmw will offer both rwd and fwd versions that's fine but it would be sad if fwd becomes the only option. I think bmw should keep doing what they always been doing. keep up the good work, don't change the concept. Obviously it worked so far, and sales record are broken one after another?! no need to try to get the Citroen Picasso drivers over to bmw or whatever.... let citroen have them
Appreciate 0