09-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
nognohnoh
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinHattingh View Post
Hi Adam,
My converter was replaced, but unfortunately the rattle is still there...

It's now actually escalated to a low-pitched vibration on acceleration when cold, and sometimes a serious vibration when punching it at around 3500rpm. I'm going to take it back to them in a week or two when I'm able to find time. Very annoying.

I'm convinced it's a heat shield issue though, going to insist this time that they investigate in that direction. It definitely does not sound normal.
Hi,

Just had my catalytic converter changed as well today and we tested it again and it is still there as well. VERY VERY VERY annoying. I agreed with BMW now, that I will bring it back next week and they will keep until they find the issue. We have noticed yesterday while testing again, that the rattle is very obvious while driving up a slope, for example out from an underground parking !!
After reading your post today about the black sooth onthe bumber, I just realized for the first time that I also have these black spots on my rear bumber !!!
I have had the car for 2 months now and have driven 5400 km and I am enjoying it. But these little faults are so annoying as BMW cannot seem to get them fixed !!
Please keep us updated with ratteling noise, My next appointment at the dealer is on tuesday this coming week, I hope they will be able to sort it out.

best Regards,
adam
Appreciate 0