View Single Post
      09-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #19
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

A 200Cel Downpipe will give you the same performance as a catless DP without the CEL and in my case its better performance mid range and torque ... in your case its appears its a Moot point with the catless, but for 99% of people running a catless DP they get a CEL without the JB4. Standard Airbox on the M135i is good for 400+ HPATW so again i see little point sucking up hot air once the engine get a bit of heat soak. I have validated my communications on several Vbox tests both off and on the track, but again every car reacts differently so if you can validate your gains then its all worthwhile.

The AEM is an enclosed airbox so IMO it appears to be a better design than say the open BMS design , sure on the dyno with the bonnet open it will flow more air and create additional power but in the real world im not buying into the whole increased IAT by sucking in hot air due to under bonnet temps. Again this is only my opinion from 25 years of modding turbo cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
My experience with the above bolt-ons is that they dont offer any performance gains (they might with a tune) - they do however offer some awesome sound. With the BMS intake you can clearly hear the turbo spool and blow off and the DP provides a nice rumble

@chaddy74 - Any video/sound clips with the AFE?

Last edited by chaddy74; 09-18-2014 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0