06-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #51
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

yup agreed, milk, or yogurt. or a big mac LOLZ
Some people get very bad dawn phenomenon i used to,
go to bed with a 4 or 5 wake up on an 11 !

and yes, a lot of DM's get arrested for drunk/disor and are actually having a hypo, I think nowadays cops are more aware due to the higher incidences of people have DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
OK, to appease Lups I'll tell you jaye944 that I've found the best thing to have at bedtime if you anticipate a hypo is: MILK. Has the lactose, some fat, and some protein to cover you for hours of sleep. At least until the milk works on your bladder, but that's an added benefit in that you will have to wake up and pee, so you won't sleep thru the hypo.

The liver does kick out sugar, but it's really a bit slow-acting. And yes, the high after the low ;( And without the natural feedback if you are taking insulin, once it's injected you have to cover that carb debt.

When I complain to my wife about the rhythm of meals, and why I NEED to keep those times, and then her eye kind of roll up and she doesn't seem to care. At these times I REALLY want to go dial up a big bolus of insulin, inject her to force a hypo, and THEN we will have that discussion.

And let's not forget, if you crash your car because of hypo (at least in Cali) it is a DWI. A lot of diabetics end up nearly dying in the drunk tank.
Appreciate 0