United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
And when BMW creates a sports car that can beat a Chevrolet Corvette at the same price point, please call me. 1-888-NOT-GOING-TO-HAPPEN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Apparently you forget the M1 and Z8. Both are 2-seat sports cars. Maybe the Z3M Coupe? Z3M Roadster. Z4... All sports cars. None match the performance of the Corvette, or Porsches of various guises of the day. My point is, now BMW has to turn to Toyota to build the next Z-series BMW? And Scott26 (I really don't think he works for BMW anyway but that's beside the point) says "The engineering of the joint project can not be compared to other sports cars in the same price level." What in the hell does that mean exactly? And what is the price level? Does this mean a Toyota priced at a MX-5 level for $30K and BMW Z5 at $65K both with performance of a Corvette, or boxster/Cayman?

Just another ambiguous statement from the Scottster that means nothing, but implies BMW is the greatest automotive engineering house on the planet.
I responded to your comment about a BMW that could beat a Corvette at the same price point. While they were great cars, an M-1 or a Z8 were not in the same price point as a Corvette and actually could not beat a Corvette in performance. BMW has never been a competition of the Corvette and they have never tried to be.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0