View Single Post
      04-20-2022, 04:22 PM   #12
VaztheDad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 45e, Model S, GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
No apology necessary, but I appreciate it nonetheless. So my first foray into electric vehicles was a model 3 dual motor, which I enjoyed driving (especially on my weekend trips from Orange County to LA and back) but had terrible issues with Tesla's failure to remedy errors in the infotainment system.

Next was a Volvo XC90 T8, which drove fantastic for an SUV (the twin charged engine, while not super powerful, was very fun to drive with the supercharger whine at full throttle). However the infotainment system felt like it was 5 years out of date the day I purchased the car new. That car was actually lemon-lawed and bought back by the manufacturer because the hybrid drive completely failed twice. It was replaced once under warranty with a parts cost of about 22,000, and then had numerous visits to the dealer for the same error which they tried to correct with software every time. If memory serves, the car ended up in service 73 days in the first 13 months of ownership.

Now, I am in my M2, and it is my dad who has the X5 45e in question. We took delivery last Friday, so I can't really say much about it yet, except that it looks fantastic with the M-sport package, blue exterior, and night package.
Great cross section of cars! Thank you for affirming why I talked the wife out of the Volvo. That's a brutal experience.

We picked up our 45e last month, which I'm incredibly impressed with the electric range considering its having to work through a traditional ICE driveline.

To make matters worse, after driving a 90D for a few years I've forgotten how nice interiors can be. Neighbor has an M2, PCD had an epic M3, and here I am doubting owning a BEV.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50