View Single Post
      08-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
Acheron
I just wanna go fast mamma!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500/1985 318i

Acheron translates as the "river of woe" and it was believed to be a branch of the underworld river Styx over which in ancient Greek Mythology Charon ferried the newly dead souls across into Hades. The word is also occasionally used as a synedoche for Hades itself. Virgil mentions Acheron with the other infernal rivers in his description of the underworld in Book VI of the Aeneid. In VII, line 312 he gives to Aeneas the famous saying, flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo: 'If I cannot deflect the will of Heaven, I shall move Hell.' In Dante's Inferno the Acheron river forms the border of Hell.

The name was chosen by me because of what some friends always said about me when I played FPS games. They would say that fighting in a room against me was "like entering hell" and that I had a bloodlust in games because I would always have the highest kill count in most any game I played even if the objective was to capture a flag or something other than just killing. Another friend once told me "you make the lord worry" so I chose the name.

*The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.*
Appreciate 0