Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Where is Scott26? Funny he is not around when news are bad.
It's a trend in the US Market. Other premium manufacturers - Example Mercedes are down by around 11%. However BMW does expect next months sales to rise because of the recent Hurricance activity in the US. As no doubt does everybody.

Elsewhere its again the same story. Everyone else is up whilst the US is down.
However there is buoyancy with an all new US-Built X3 on the horizon with US pre-orders close to overtaking original F25 pre-orders.

Globally it is the new and relatively new products driving sales. Namely the BMWi models ,7er,X1,4erLCi and of course the all new 5er which has seen majority increase due to the arrival of the new Touring and China Li variant.

Heading to the IAA with some positive news especially in relation to all new products such as the X3,M5,6er GT and the refreshed i3 and i3S as well as conceptual previews of the Z4,8er and all new X7 utilising BMWs joint developed Fuel Cell technology. But also that BMW for the first half of 2017 is the Worlds most profitable manufacturer and that BMW are close to their initial projection of selling 100,000 units of EV and assisted models by 2018.

Towards the end of the year there are still premieres for the LA and Tokyo motor shows with the Tokyo debut being of considerable interest. And in 2018 more timely product in the guise of the next generation 3er, and X5 as well as the production X2,8er and Z4 and the gorgeous i8 Roadster and performance i8S.
Sorry Scott but you are lying, both Mercedes and Audi are on a rising trend in North America when BMW is losing sales. This show a total misunderstanding of North American buyers needs.

My E82 is far better built than my F31 the lack of quality of the new product is showing. Driving pleasure is now optional with BMW you need M-Sport pack, track handling pack etc to make your car "acceptable" pretty lame for a company which pretend to "share the driving pleasure". This seem to be the Porsche's way of doing thing but Porsche can get away with it as their products are top notch.

You got two new products that don't sale: 7 and 5 serie you went for quick money instead of keeping your consumer base. You lost your long term consumers by going soft and the one you gain are probably leased and theses customers are probably not coming back. I personally can't find where all my money went in my F31. The next 3 serie should be the follow up of the clar serie so it doesn't look good. Especially since you are killing body style. It really piss me off when I hear BMW engineer tell us that the customers want numb steering which customers are you talking about? It kind of the opposite of what we really want and what made BMW so special in the first place.

Mercedes was able to stick to their roots keeping luxury in the first place you try to chase them but you were unable to keep up. So now BMW is not the driver choice anymore and not the luxury choice either. I recently drove a 2011 C230 and it felt so much more solid than my 2014 328d. You can see where your money went in the Mercedes. This would be perfectly fine with me if I could say : "hey I don't care my BMW is so much better to drive" but it is not really a driver car.

My 2014 328d had brakes that couldn't even last 50000kms, a broken transfer case at 50000kms, many rattles and now rust where is the so call "luxury car feel"? Now I've got my second tires which is leaking air I'm not blaming BMW on that but still i never had this much problems with any other cars.

So maybe it time to step back and try to connect with your customers base before it's too late. You remind me of GMC in the early
2000´s.

In my case it's probably too late i don't see the value in my car anymore and it seem that you are not producing much value for customers anymore. On top of that you are telling me which car i need (BMW X3) when what i want is a touring probably a G21 in my case. So anyway it will probably be my last BMW.
Appreciate 0