09-05-2017, 04:12 AM   #70
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilberGrau ZHP View Post
No Audis and BMWs on the street are simply not that much different anymore. BMW I will admit has the SLIGHTLY better power delivery and MAYBE better steering. But all these cars are now homogonized for sales- and if thats the case- i go with the one with the most tech and looks the coolest (subjective of course) and the latest generation of Audi design to me is just better than BMW- and the interiors where you spend your time in traffic jams goes straight to Audi and Merc. Oh and the 3 and 4 dont get Bowers and Wilkins- they get the very subpar HK system.
Ever drove modern Audi? There is no MAYBE, Audi steering feels completely disconnected, whenever I tried it (A7, A6 and A4) I was left in a disbelief how bed it is. Whenever I drove Audi I was disappointed, A7 looks amazing, but once I drove it, naahhh.
Please do me a favor, go drive the new G30 and A6 or some other Audi back to back and come back to share your impressions.
Mercedes makes some brilliant cars, nothing wrong with that, but if driving pleasure is what you are looking for, no doubt you would enjoy a BMW more.
I tested all the mentioned cars, for me simply there is no dilemma, G30 is bar far the best in class. Sorry that I'm always insisting on the G30, but it is because it best represents the future cars of BMW. In the next 12-24 months we will get a bunch of new BMW models with similar interior, quality, driving behavior... F30 is just an old model, personally I have never been a big fan of it, but let's wait for G20 and then compare it to the brand new A4. The new X3 already has a huge waiting list, and no one has actually even seen the car in real before ordering it (btw I have seen it, and as I said it follows G30 philosophy, no doubt it's gonna be a huge success).
Design is a matter of personal taste, it is normal that some people prefer Audi, some Mercedes and some BMW. What is for sure amazing is that the new G30 manages to be THE MOST aerodynamic car in the world (Cd = 0.22) while still keeping its recognizable great look. Marvelous work of designers and engineers.
Back to the sound system, what is wrong with HK? Sorry but Merc and Audi are also not offering anything better in that class, they have a "cheap" Bang & Olufsen in Audi (~$1000) with plastic grills while in the Merc they offer only entry level Burmester (also $1000) that has nothing to do with the higher level one in eg. E class ($5000). So, I don't think there is anything wrong with HK, it sounds great and is on par with the other two systems.

Only here you can read about bad interior quality in the new BMWs, then I go and sit in my car (G30) and absolutely do not understand what people are talking about, it is magnificent. Lucky most of the people agree with me:

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-review...drive-touring/

You can read tons of reviews like this, it's always brilliant interior, high quality materials, etc, but not on this BMW forum.

Seriously, I don't get what some people are doing on this (BMW) forum, please go and discharge your negative energy somewhere else or just go to Audi forum and trash BMW as much as you like, I'm sure they would be happy to hear it (there they are probably trashing Audi, why it is not more like BMW ).
Appreciate 0