Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvega702
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmpascual
Is it confirmed to have FWD? That gear selector is used only for BMW's rear drive/rear biased models. Notice the 2 Active tourer and the new X1 don't have this shifter.
Yes, but to me it only indicates a ZF 8spd transmission, not the wheels driven.

Center stack looks similar to X5/6 and G11 ones..which looks pretty nice.

Cant tell much on the outside but im not holding my breath, looking at recent BMWs designs.

Dont get all this FWD hate. Certainly i prefer RWD but at this price point i guess it doesnt make commercial sense, not to mention the back seat/trunk room that the RWD platform would take away in a car this size.

Pray that they actually make a 2er GC which scott said that its platform can be used for both FWD and RWD.
I'm sorry but if you are buying a compact BMW and need to make sure you have room enough in the back seats for say a family... Then go buy an accord for the same price, or better yet a Mazda 6 if you want something that's not a total dud. I fail to see how only 10 years ago BMW sold many many e46 with all the so called shortcomings of RWD (******* and now in a short time span that formula absolutely does not work??
I said I'd rather have it RWD. But it actually makes sense to be FWD in a commercial stand point. People that buys those kind of cars dont give a shit if its FWD or RWD, even the 3 series i bet that at least 80% of buyers dont know which wheels are being driven.

So for BMW makes sense to have more space and be cheaper in a market where ppl dont really care about driving dynamics, but care about those other useless things. Still, it isnt that bad, we all know that BMWs AWD its very rear biased.

And i dont really give a crap about this car, if they give us the 2er GC in RWD form.
Appreciate 0