05-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #70
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzie78 View Post
Using now iPhone 4s with tethering enabled, but also used other phones (and providers) with tethering enabled none worked
I do see a connection made and I see kb's transferred. Problem is that I only see this when I use update the services (mine is in dutch, but it is the same menu as BMW Live, Teleservices, etc). When I use BMW Live I only get 'the page is not available, please try again later'. It doesn't make a connection to internet.
If I use update and switch to live it shows it is connected to my phone, but when the update is finished I got the same message.

So I have run out of options and I contacted my dealer multiple times (also other dealers) but all say it is a provider issue. Sadly I am not the only one here with this problem
forgot to follow up on this, sorry for a late reply but some ideas:
1. Enable tethering/internet-sharing on the phone, connect your laptop-pc to it (bluetooth or wifi) and see if you can surf the web. Just to verify that the phone does actually share it's connection with another device.

2. If that works atleast we know the phone is capable of providing what is needed. On my way to work today I was looking around in the idrive menu, if I remember correctly there was some checkbox for "bluetooth data transfer" when you click the options-button down at the scroll-knob/wheel. Verify it's checked.

3. when you select bmw live, where does it fail? does it fail while it's establishing connection to the phone? or do you get to the menu where you can choose weather, news etc ? If I understand you correctly it fails just after you select bmw live and it's establishing connection?
Appreciate 0