View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
JodyTRIBOS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320 ci

Cool Paint protection system

Hi Guys

Just making sure you dont think Im trying to infiltrate. I work for TRIBOS coatings www.triboscoatings.com, and we supply a paint protection system in the Marine and automotive industry and yes I and a beamer owner and enthusiast, hence being on here;-)

Im not going to comment on how good supagard is etc however I thought I might offer a couple of points on paint protection that you might like to know to help make your choice.

1) Application is absolutely the key to surface protection woking and lasting

without teaching you to suck eggs, its a bit like painting a wall if you dont do the preparation first the end result is not great. I work in the industry and I would not even think about treating my car without the right tools or training. no matter how good the coating is if its not applied properly it will fail with in a few months if not before. (I stress thats my opinion, but I have done countless hours of test and research;-)

So as F20MAW73 says using a professional is probably a good idea but I dont know how hands you might be.

2) You can always find products like this on the internet as people are binning old stock etc. To be honest you dont know how its been stored etc and where its come from.
If you do know what you are doing you and feel like doing a self apply treatment to protect you paint for £12 I would suggest that you go for a wax treatment instead as polymer treatments can go off etc the wax wont last for 12 months but it will give you a good finish for a few weeks / a month or so

3) Warranty, I have to say I dont know the ins and outs of the supagard warranty however, logically as application is so important to a surface coating lasting I would be really surprised if the warranty would extend to self application of a product bought through a 3rd party seller. I have to stress I dont know what their warranty covers.

Our products have a 3 year warranty and we can ONLY give that as our products are applied by trained and approved applicators with bespoke tools in a controlled environment.

4) On any paint protection read the details on the warranty, there are good and bad products out there, I know some other products give you lifetime guarantees... as long as you top them up every 3 months etc.

At the end of the day you do get what you pay for ;-)

I hope that helps and Ive tried to be as impartial as possible

Best
Appreciate 0