12-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
Have you tried Dr. Colorchip? I got a fairly large stone chip (approx 1cm) on my hood about 3 months into ownership (Alpine White). It's noticable from ~1 foot only because I know it's location and the touch-up paint isn't as deep as the factory paint (I realize I could add layers of paint to bring it flush to the factory depth).

Of course, could be a different story with a metallic paint (and Blue Water Metallic is a beautiful color - I wish it was offered on the M-Sport).
I wish it was too. I went back and forth 100 times between a Msport lemans blue/black...but the blue water/all light grey interior with moonlight top was the best in my opinion. I still have my first car...a E30 1988 325i in Cirrus Blue Metallic/Silver grey leather.
So I decided to get the light blue/light grey combo to match the E30.
Didn't care about msport when it came to the color I wanted....

Would have got a 135i convertible in blue water, but it was out of my price range. I'd have to go coupe to get a 135i. I wanted a convertible. Only.

*In terms of the Dr Colorchip: Im very skeptical about it because of the press it got in a newspaper product review. The guy showed a video and said it's a waste of money. He had a maroon Saab. The paint didn't match either. Paint matching issues are a reason I wish I just bought a Alpine White car!!!!
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0