View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #7
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Hi Guys,

Ive just upgraded to an iPhone5 and have it all paired with my car; I have literally no options on the car, so its just a stock m-sport. Ive got some questions about the standard bluetooth equipment level:
  1. Can you stream music from the iPhone over bluetooth, or was there an option that i needed inorder to enable that?
  2. Ive not got the iPhone BMW cable yet and was wondering whether you can play music from the iPhone once connected via this - if so do you get a change in interface, or is it treated/used in exactly the same way as a USB stick with music on it?
  3. Does anyone know what other features i can expect after connecting the phone via the cable; ie will it show my emails, calendar entries, facebook, twitter etc.. or again was there an option for this?
  4. Finally, on the steering wheel the voice activation button doesnt seem to do anything (again was there an option for this?) and the phone button only seems to allow me to enter and cycle through my recent calls list on the isntrument cluster rather than my contacts list (more what i expected) - i can obviously scroll the contacts on the iDrive tho?

Sorry for all of the questions, from what i can work out i only seem to have the ability to make a call on my phone utilising the bluetooth. If anyone knows the options i am missing and whether they can be retrofitted, i would be greatly appreciative

Thanks
Appreciate 0