View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #32
AussieSimon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
simply rip a few CD tracks in both 256Kbps and lossless 1411kbps, put them on a memory stick, select random track playback and listen. If you can't hear any difference then do as the man says and relax. If on the other hand you're like me and much prefer the sound of certain tracks over others you've got your answer. And you don't need an HK system for this. The BMW Business system in my X5 was more than resolving enough.
If you can reliably tell the difference between a 256kbps AAC and a lossless encoding, that would make you the first person ever who is able to do so. It would mean that somehow you're capable of feats of hearing no other human has achieved. Man, it would suck to be you, being constantly paranoid about audio quality to the point where you're making up stories.

Run that test for real. Go on. You'll surprise yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
That is a thoroughly awful, badly researched article, full of misleading statements, pointless debates and references to debunked audio woo. Most importantly of all, nobody should be using MP3 any more, at any bitrate.
Appreciate 0