04-02-2024, 11:23 AM   #64
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Well, we could say that the original Porsches got their starts from the bones and drivetrains of the VW Beetle

I'm just crusty and believe that companies like Porsche, BMW, etc. were known for their sportscar and sports sedans and then they sold their souls to make SUVs. I'm fully aware that the Germans makes sell mountains of the SUVs in comparison to their passenger and sportscars.

It's sad to me, especially seeing a company like Porsche put it's name on an SUV that is largely a Audi/VW under the skin. Sure the motors is often slightly different, but still largely the same as the Audi/VW variants.
I recently went to an Audi dealer and test drove some of their SUVs and sedans. I was incredibly disappointed. Would rather stick with my Cayenne 100%. Literally had nothing in them I liked and I came in expecting to be impressed as I really like the look of some of them and the new interiors looked nice in pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
^Agreed^ Read any sales report from a luxury or exotic company that offers an SUV. The SUV is the highest unit volume product sold after a few years in the market. Cullinan, Urus, Bentayga, Cayenne, Macan, GLE, GLS, GLC, X3, X5 and on and on.
Pretty sure I've read Porsche was going out of business until they came out with the Cayenne. Anyways if you go to any Porsche dealer around here all they have are SUVs. At least new. It's like 80% new and used Cayennes and Macans, 10% Panameras and Tycans then maybe 1 or 2 used Caymans/Boxsters (if you're lucky) the rest ridiculously priced used 911s and such.
Appreciate 3
lakefront560.50
chassis6621.00
Llarry16391.50