View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #8
Kitts32
Rep
Drives: 116D

I did start playing with this again after starting this thread and reading your comments. It does actually blow out cooler / warmer air if you adjust it so ignore my comment that it doesn’t work in the OP.

I still don't entirely see the point though, however this morning I had the controls set to as hot as possible, it was a cold morning and wanted to warm up fast. After about 10 / 15 mins the car was too hot and I had to bring it down to find a comfortable sweet spot. When it did get too hot though that central adjuster did blow out cooler air instantly which was nice.

Just out of interest, do you guys tend to leave AC on all the time? I was told by the dealer to leave it on continuously - he was quite pushy about this, I’m not sure why though??

I'm too cheap to use the AC continuously and want my fuel to go as far as possible so I rarely use it. The blowers without AC are quite powerful on their own I find, but its harder to find that perfect temperature at times. I sometimes have to play about with the controls over long motorway journeys as the car heats up too much, then your bring it down, and then back up etc etc. Its better with AC on but I find the AC too powerful at times, even on the lowest fan setting it still blows out a lot of air and noisy.

Does anyone else struggle with the fans / AC like this?
Appreciate 0