View Single Post
      08-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #49
BMWDAD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Porsche Macan

"Well, according to AutoCar the F20 already failed to do that against the FWD rivals. So why do we think that the FWD version would be better? Keep in mind that their recent offerings are no longer the sportiest in their segments, and consistently so. This is a pattern, not a fluke.

BMW is moving towards the middle, becoming more and more like MB. That is their way of tapping into the mainstream luxury market, and it has so far proven successful. They are counting on the brand image to keep the customers that desire something sporty, while attracting new, more mainstream customers. It seems to be working, judging by so many members here automatically assuming that this car will be the driver's car in its segment. I remain skeptical. To be clear, I don't worry about exclusivity, but I do worry about the loss of character that made this company what it is today."

Nicely said, and exactly the way I feel.

.............When I bought my 335i coupe, I thought I would just move to the redesign when it happened. With the reviews of the 5, 6, and 7, I have a roving eye.

I would love if the new 2 coupe hits a sweet spot with me, but there are many offerings coming out that just might do it better.
Appreciate 0