View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
BigSkyBimmerfan
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Thanks, I'm really happy with how it turned out considering it was a ridiculously cheap DIY project. The black border around the screen is made up of fabric panels. I basically just ripped out all that 70's office cabinetry and turned that area into a little chamber for the speakers, stretched an acoustically transparent screen across the opening, and framed it with the fabric covered panels.

I put one zone of lights back there for when I'm just listening to music, thinking it would look more impressive someday when I can upgrade the speakers

Regarding iPad control, I'm not sure which Grafik Eye units have wiFi control capability, but I'm almost positive some of them do, or have separate control modules that can be purchased.

Another option, which I'm currently looking into, would be incorporating an IR blaster into the HTPC, so that it can send IR signals to the lighting controller during scripted sequences. For example, prior to a movie you might have the lights on low while trivia slides and movie trailers are playing, then you have them go completely out when the movie starts, and come back up with the movie is finished. Using something like XBMC you can script these pre- and post-show events fairly easily.

P.S. What else have you decided A/V wise for the room?
Appreciate 0