View Single Post
      05-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #5
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Thanks for your input ....It's all about torque loading IMO !! When you pump more power into the car/ gearbox the dynamics change. Don't get me wrong one of the main reasons I purchased this car was the characteristics of the gearbox. But could it possibly get any better ? That's was my question !

So, the idea of the AutoFlash is to not only increase shift speed but to increase torque limitations throughout the gearing (except for 1st and reverse gears as we tend to leave these at factory spec for safety) which in turn changes the speed of a shift, typically by 17% but up to 24% in certain circumstances.
Another great benefit of the AutoFlash is the increased longevity of the clutch system, we have seen increases of 10-30% on egear, 15-30% on DSG, 10-30%+ on Rtronic and Stronic and so far we have PDK powered cars with 35,000km on our AutoFlash software upgrade.
The AutoFlash is thoroughly tested both on the road and the track (where applicable) and we are sure you will agree that the shift and positive feel of the engine after the flash makes for a superb upgrade.

Last edited by chaddy74; 05-13-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0