View Single Post
      11-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
Raygbmw1
Australia
Rep
Drives: Bmw116 F20

Topview Sideview Camera on F20

Anybody knows what to FDL code for the 5DL (Topview/Sideview). I believe that this can be done for F20 even when the FA does not accept/include the option 5DL.

My reason for thinking this was I have a set of topview and sideview cameras and cables, trsvc module and switch ready for the coming BMW car my wife bought. I had nothing to do last week and decided to connect the cameras and module and switch to my 116i with a reverse camera, just to check if the module will work. I just want to know if it will work.

After connecting everything I without coding I turn the engine on and put it in reverse. The reverse camera worked perfectly for a second and then an error comes up saying REAR CAMERA FAILED but I got image on the screen. It’s ok as this is readily fixed by reinitializing the camera and module using Rheingold. I then press the sideview switch and I did get an image in the screen but again with error on the Dash 'SIDE VIEW CAMERA FAILED'. Like the reverse camera I thought I will just need to reinitialize the camera and it should be ok.

I connected ESYS to check if I can add 5DL and as expected it gave me an error that said something like FA does not have the provision for this option. I did not continue with this but I thought I installed a new switch for the DCS, Camera, Parking, etc I need to VO code the FEM, REM, ICM and HU, so I went ahead and did this. At this point I thought, I will inject the CAF to the TRSVC ECU.

I was surprise that now the side view cameras will not turn on when I press the Camera switch when before I VO coded the modules and injecting the CAF file it was working. VO coding did its job and configured the equipment as required for F20.

I connected the Rheingold and check the TRSVC module and camera if it is working properly which Rheingold confirm they are working and all installed and initialized.

What I noticed is now the ICM has an error that there is a signal not being received in the Flex ray. This is interesting. Before when I pressed the camera switch it was working and I’m getting an image on the screen.

Ray

Last edited by Raygbmw1; 11-12-2016 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: General editing
Appreciate 0