View Single Post
      06-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #62
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
These cars are not relevant in my opinion. They are priced differently and offer different levels of performance in different ways. That said, I think the video therefore highlights the incredible performance of the BMW and value for money compared to the others. The review should have rather focused on how different 'hot hatches' and not about seeing whether a W GTI can keep up with an A45 AMG! Pffft... The GTI is a such a great car nonetheless and ,wow, it weighs only 1380kg!

Anyway, it does not mean that even though the M135i looks like a direct competitor to the A45 (both being in hatchback form), that it necessarily is. But the general public will immediately look to the M135i when considering the A45's competitors (which is so annoying) and recognize that the A45 trumps the M135i in performance (which is the major selling point to most buyers). The extreme price difference will probably be viewed as, 'Mercedes Benz is always more expensive than BMW, so that price is acceptable'. But the price difference is really the fact that the MB is an AMG car and the BMW is not an M car(well, it's half an M)!

The fact that M135i holds its own in performance relatively well and is priced much further below the A45 shows that it's still one of the best out there, but still sits below the the proper M version. Bring on the M2!!!
Appreciate 0