03-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullkoll View Post
I´ve tried it and the results are astonishing - 20% lower consumption and more power...... all compared to the swedish diesel which I´m not at all happy with!

I have driven BMW diesel cars from Sweden to Italy for the last 15 years every summer and the difference in diesel quality in Sweden compared to Germany, Austria and Italy has all these years puzzled me.

The difference in price is also substantial - 20% higher in Sweden compared to Germany for example.......

/Kjell
exactly, that's what I hear aswell, significant increase in reach and power, and at a lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt T View Post
In Germany, most (all?) diesel pumps have stickers on them - "can contain up to 7% biodiesel". I guess that's the same as RME?

I've never bothered filling up on the premium diesel - AFAIK it's just a con. Might be an interesting experiment, but who's to say you wouldn't drive differently if you knew it was a different fuel?
yea probably the same, it's actually 7% here aswell I was mistaken. Atleast you can choose what kind of diesel you want, I'd like that .

But I think there are more differences, we have another classification on our diesel than most countries. If it at least was reasonably priced it would make sense...

would indeed be interesting with som hard data/benchmarking with "normal diesel" (eu), Vpower diesel and sweden-diesel
Appreciate 0