01-24-2015, 03:18 AM   #32
amyracecar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 '97 328is, E82 '11 128is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
A lot of guys don't even realize this go to Google / travel history and you will see that everywhere you've been every time you've been there every part of every piece of map will be in that history. I believe Apple has the ability for that too but I'm on Android and use it frequently it ties into your Gmail account. If your GPS is off then its plots the coordinates with straight lines and triangles if your GPS is on you will see every single street within six feet where you've been and as you hit the cell site the exact time will also be recorded easiest way to see this is from your PC.

It's even so accurate that if the GPS is on and you are in your home it will show you what time you went into each room when you got up and when you went to sleep assuming your GPS is on within five or six feet of accuracy. And we can do this from all of our phones to see a larger map access on your PC.
You can disable the google location history logging function..

I turn it on every now and then, and YES it is SUPER CREEPY..
Normally I keep the GPS off along with the WiFi off and location services off and disable the location history..

I am more worried about the OBD II dongle that is currently voluntary to get better insurance rates.. or the use of your own car's data against you in case of an accident..

Now that you are aware that Google has tentacles into every bit of your life - get that location history turned OFF!
Appreciate 0