View Single Post
      07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #24
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

I'm sorry, but I still think it looks horrendous. A nicely polished black will look good on almost any car. That really doesn't say much. I think it looks HILARIOUS, which is much much worse than ugly.

I hated quite a few recent Bangle era BMW designs, like the last gen 6 and 7 series, but I also knew that they would sell just fine. That's because even though I hated them for the lack of certain classic proportions that I tend to like, I knew that most people don't care about such things, and that they at least looked distinct and serious to be recognized as BMWs.

I think the F20 is different. When I show pictures of new cars to my wife, her reaction is usually ho hum, since she's not a car person. Even the cars that I think really ugly, she would find them to be sort of interesting, or sort of meh. But when I showed the pics of F20 to her, she started laughing out loud. As in, "whaaat? hahahahaha"

That never happened before. Granted, it's just the two of us, but I really think this car (more specifically, the damn headlamps) looks far too funny and stupid to be sold as a BMW. And that's a lot worse than just being weird or ugly.

P.S. I LOVE the interior. It's light years better than the current gen. Makes me wonder how much nicer the F30 interior would be over mine.

Last edited by Propagator; 07-28-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0