View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
rickk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 M5, F56E Mini Cooper SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertiger View Post
One of the things I've gotten most comments on, is the color.
Indeed, everyone comments on the Estoril Blue. And rightfully so
Also noticed that "normal people" are generally much more positive about the car's looks than the people in forums like these.

Quote:
It's kind of slippery in Stavanger these days - woke up to 5-10cm of snow this morning, so I switched it into Sport+, and boy this car like drifting!
Next week we'll see the first snow here and luckily my winter tyres will be fitted just before. I'll be getting a square (225/40R18) setup on the M Sport rims, I'm interested to see how that affects the handling as right it's slightly prone to understeer on the staggered setup (not annoying though).

For what it's worth: the tire shop could only get a 245/35R18 run-flat winter tyre from Pirelli, costing about 600E The only option in 225/40R18 was the Conti TS820P which I'm happy with.

Before anyone wonders: I'm more or less forced to use RFT winter tires on the M Sport rims due to the fact that it's on a lease. Getting a second set of rims would be way more expensive, partly due to them needing to be 17" to clear the M brakes..
Appreciate 0