View Single Post
      12-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #84
RMech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
If you need the space, go for the golf then. It's basically the same as the A3 as they're from the same platform. Same engines too. If you can, go try out the A3 too and see how your partner likes it. You may be surprised. Not that the golf is bad or anything, but the overall feel of the cars will be different. Maybe you could pick up a demo one and then you'll see why I'm loving it!

I've learnt my lesson from previous purchases. Always shell out the extra cash for the high-end headlights lol!

Have fun in the 1 series!
The Golf always gets great reviews, but there are so so many of them out there and it does look pretty bland (in my humble opinion). Can you post a picture of your A3? I know it is a bmw forum, and it's a bit off topic, but I''m interested to see it?

I personally think it is shocking that the manufacturers all produce headlight designs that are not really fit for purpose, and then want a great chunk of extra money for proper headlights. All they would need to do is use better bulbs, but then we wouldn't buy the upgrades.
Appreciate 0