12-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #69
RMech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hi RMech,

My comment was not about your being pleased with 116i, it was about your attempt to compare it with 118i.

My 118i is a huge performance improvement over my previous car but if I could choose a 125i (the M Performance power upgrade is a must for it ) instead I simply would, even though the difference is far smaller. My point is it's just no use looking at performance figures if you can't go past the price ones.

You appear so much concerned about performance (in this and another thread) that I would suggest you chose wrong, but you know yourself better, of course!

I can confirm the value of M-Sport package (the optional M-Sport brakes mustn't be overlooked!) but if I had the similar choice against a 125i... Anyway, setup against performance is not performance against performance, is it?

Too much of a gap, IMHO. They must be biased. If that is "almost the same" then what are different planets?

It is. By the comparison. Comments from M135i owners on lower versions are worth nothing. If they say "just the same thing!" would you really buy that?
Hi No one,

Wow those were quite a lot of comments, and I'm not sure I really understood them all, so I will try to make my point more succinctly.

When considering buying a 116i I was very concerned about power, because there seemed to be a lot of comments on forums stating that it was underpowered. When I purchased the car, I found that the performance exceeded my expectation, and consequently felt that the forums were misleading (albeit unintentionally).

I am simply trying to give a balanced view of what to expect from the 116i, and how it compares to the 118i (especially as that is the title of this thread).

I can't see how I can make that comparison any more accurate than by sharing the research e.g. youtube links I found.

I'm not trying to denigrate the 118i, obviously provides more performance than the 116i at a greater cost. If I was so obsessed with having the most powerful car, I would buy a tuning kit, or a faster car.

Am I really coming across as delusional, or do you just like winding people up?
Appreciate 0