View Single Post
      12-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #68
RMech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
With 138 hp at the rear hubs, the power at the crank is probably somewhere around 150 hp.

I can afford any F20 I want, but I would take the 116i again. Actually next time I want the 3 cylinder version. I don't really need more power, so why waste money on it? The 114i seems slightly underpowered for my needs, but the 116i is just right.
Hi Ove,

The power at the crank obviously depends upon the efficiency of the gearbox. I have no idea of the actual efficiency of the gearbox, so I simply assumed that the website I found is based upon something that represents the real world. If you think your figure of 150 is more accurate, I wouldn't dispute that.

If I really wanted to but a M135i, I could have stretched my budget, likewise I could buy my partner a Golf GTI, but I will probably balance the performance to cost with a cheaper less powerful Golf GT.

It is a matter of balance, because the extra power is not worth the extra cost to me at this stage. Therefore the 116i is also the perfect match for me at this time. If I want more power in the future, I will add an AC Schnitzer tune, which is only £1500 in the UK (well within my budget), but I really don't think I want the extra performance.

I think I'm making sense, but No one is so adamant that I'm deluded, that maybe I'm not?
Appreciate 0