07-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #19
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrypon83 View Post
Well, but SCOTT, as a BMW guy, I think you should know this better than anyone of us. Those FWD cars are not BMW, they are Mini. When people say Mini is fun, they are using Mini standard, not Bavarian. I believe if BMW makes FWD, yes, it WILL be better than other FWDs, but really, dont you guys remember the Bavarian spirit? Can you ever compare a FWD Audi with BMW? Only 4WD Audi can have the possibility to compete with BMW. You guys are going to make FWD just because of that emission thing? Well, look at the BMW lineup now! They are fuel efficient! Look at that amazing 560hp M5! It has 31 MPG on highway! Come on! You guys are really amazing, and that's why I like BMW! First is that Twin Turbo, and the 62 mpg i8, 31 mpg M5. You guys should not be Audi's follower, you are pioneers. Please, show us that BMW spirit again, and please, don't ever lose it. and if you guys really want to make FWD, let it be Mini.
They are not fuel efficient enough to meet future requirements, BMW are already being fined (albeit less than their competitors) for being over the required level.

Also, as VAG strengthen their position globally BMW are expected to just leave them to it?

Please people, try to keep some perspective on this.. BMW are adding FWD models to the bottom end of the range, they are not replacing their line-up with FWD cars, you will still be able to buy the RWD cars that you like....

CHOICE DOES NOT EQUAL CHANGE!
Appreciate 0