Vanos1
Vanos1 -contact me for Servicing and Repairs (Mids
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
Yes, typically..

And, only if you don't know what you want, so u might lease instead of buy, until you find what you want.

I have noticed that the younger generation doesn't know BMW(~30). They might know the hi-revving M3, but nothing of BMW heritage & engineering prowess.

Yes, they NAME, but not what drives the enthusiasm of the brand. So they don't see themselves driving one, only for prestige and to many Americans, that is excess. The middle class (& most of the country) is in lock down and saving every penny.

So a "Bimmer" just isn't feasible, or sellable to the wife (or, even yourself).

But if BMW shows that leasing is not the answer, but BUYING a high quality car, that though initially higher cost, the value is extended over 5~7 years... and no payments!

(The logic sells itself, many times over.)

Everything is brought to bear with the M model & a Halo car based on premium BMW engineering, then featuring that performance & handling (& tech), but in diminutive trim, that cuts the edge off the M car, but adds more to the family formula of efficiency, greenness, cost structure, upmanship... a formula that makes sense to nearly any family who needs utility..? (ie: everyone)

When you reach a formula that sits nicely in almost any driveway, you then sell that car, as that solution.

You don't hid it behind Urban/Sport Euro douchebag nonsense. You get down to business and show them what these cars are capable of (BMW M hatchback banging curbs @ teh ring), then show them a model that based on that, but gets 41MPG and cost $20k less...

And you have a line out the door, forever.

Edit:
Ironically, that^ is how you create a club! When u have 120d peeps, running with M'rs. It's the camaraderie of club sporting. But I understand that BMW wants to sell efficient models first, to meet regulations. But that doesn't mean they should dangle carrots either.

note:
If people hearts are telling them to buy a car, then they find out their wallets are too..? Thats how u market!

What are you talking about, car clubs etc??!!

BMW is a business.

You will actually find that a company makes more money through financing / leasing than through a straight purchase.
I am sure they know what they are doing.

Not all of BMW's customers want or aspire to an M Powered car, they want a luxury model or a prestigous hatchback or a "green car".

Open your eyes to what customers want, walk in their shoes and not yours.
Appreciate 0