View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Thanks for all the input guys. As ovekvam says, the tyre model will definitely change the behaviour of the car, it's the same with summer tyres I guess. I think I've said elsewhere, Mitchell's tyres IMO are great, so it's good to hear that the winter rubber is also good, shame I didn't find out before getting the hankooks - i was on a budget when buying tho! Although as wolz says, without the research or experience you don't find out what's good and bad. Never had any problem with the hankooks on my golf, so maybe it's just down to the extra torque, the fact the f20 is soo light and with little weight over the rear axle when no passengers are present probably doesn't help. It's good to hear I'm not the only one tho, it's not unnerving, I just have to be conscious of it, it handles great whilst moving, I guess it's just the same as the 'chirp' mentioned above on pulling away. It's interesting Ovekvam mentions the sipes and their design on the mitchelins, the hankooks have what they market as 3D sipes to help with performance, definitely a better design than some manufacturers!! Once again, thanks guys
Appreciate 0