02-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
Honziss
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i

it is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
I got nokian hakka R, but had the same problem on bridgestone blizzak. Perhaps the only tyre that works is the one ovekvam recommends, who knows. In that case, one would expect bmw to be so kind and inform the customers that there is only 1 tyre model that works. Not every cusomer spend time on forums or go about trying every wintertyre out there. That's a bit too much to ask for imo.

It seems like the issue is alot worse on stronger engines, seeing that I got this problem and also BenN (not as bad though), whereas honziss does not have the problem on his 116d. Honziss got the same dimension as me btw, perhaps even same model? hakka r?

I guess the problem might be isolated to or atleast more prominent on the 1er due to the fact that it's a small car with short overhang at the rear. If there is no passengers or luggage in the boot there is not much weight put on the rear axel. That in combo with a somewhat powerful engine and really soft rubber is no goodie.

the fact that the issue has been present for several models over the last 15 years (give or take?) is even more outrageous. Why is this issue still present?
It is nokian wr a3, size 205/55/16, rft. If it's ok on 116d on 1-2nd gear, then it must be ok on 120d on 6th gear also.
Appreciate 0