View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Winter Tyre Users

Does anyone else find that they struggle for grip under harsh acceleration with Winter Tyres, on a dry road; when the temperature is below 7 degrees (so tyres should be better than summer)?

Im currently running a set of 205/55/R16 V Hankook ICept Evo's on aftermarket alloys, and wondered how everyone elses car's feel on the slimmer tyre width? I also run the same tyres (except H speed rating) on my Mrs' Leon, down from the standard 17" sport rims, and they seem fine on that car, but it is FWD

The tyres grip well around corners and under braking, especially well in the snow and ice. I just find that in my 120d, even in eco mode, if i put too much power down whether it be in a straight line or through a corner, the backend skips and the traction control light starts dancing , dont get me wrong, its fun when it does it in the corners!

I did < 50 miles on my Summer Bridgestone Runflats so im not sure how the power would transfer through those, id hope better since the M-Sport rims and tyres are wider on the rear axle compared to the front.

Thoughts....
Appreciate 0