07-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #247
Dim73
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i Α/Τ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob UK View Post
1.If the blower noise is a deep bassy thrum that gets very loud if you manually increase the fan speed - this is a known fault and your local dealer will fit a modified filter for you.

2.That's probably not the blower, sounds like you are hearing the turbo spinning up, pretty normal.

3.Not sure about that one possibly a sticking flap, did you have the air circulation on Auto? Every now and again it's worth setting it to manual and select each airflow position on both sides so the flaps move to the limits.

4.That could be a brake caliper sticking slightly rather than a wheel bearing.
1. Yes, it's like that but it doesn't get louder when I increase the fan speed manually. On the contrary, after the 3rd fan speed setting (3 bars displayed), I can't hear it.

2. It has to do with the A/C. It happens only when it's on and it sounds like a fan reving up.

3. Hmm, I think it's in manual. I'll check it out.

4. I haven't thought about that! I guess a faulty bearing would make much more noise, which would continue, at least at medium speeds. This noise disappears in a few seconds (or I can't hear it after a few seconds). Is there a way to confirm it's the caliper (e.g. if I press the brake pedal a few times)?
Appreciate 0