View Single Post
      04-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #16
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
They're not going to drop the engine to save weight in the 135tii. They're going to do carbon fiber hoods and accessories. Kill the sunroof, and the replace the seats with lighter, suede, manual seats.
I don't really know how much weight they'll save in the process, but the closer it gets to 3000lbs, the better.
I wouldn't be surprised if the tii bodykit is lighter than the standard 135i kit.
If they do use a high-tuned 4 banger turbo (which I hope they do) that alone will save much weight, and where it needs to come from...the front. Then they can remove the rear balast and give it the same treatment as the M3 got to save weight all over. I would hope it comes standard with convential tires as well (as M cars do). The 1er has a lot of potential, even at a lower PS rating. I value handling and braking, and usable mid range power above max power. Of course with the 135i you get the best of all worlds. Could use a little diet though and conventional rubber...