View Single Post
      07-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #68
Jay60642
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

I used to drive an A4 1.8T, then a 328i coupe (E92), then a TT 2.0 and now a Z4 and a new E92 with X-drive. I've rented a G37 sedan when on vacation but have never driven a Merk.

Of all those cars, the roadsters have definitely been most fun, but you'd be surprised at how much pep a big A4 or A5 can feel compared to a 328, especially if you want X-drive.

The G37 is undoubtedly fast but the interior looks bargain bin compared to Audi and BMW and seats are so plush they scream Cadillac. Fir a Hertz rental, it is better than most other offerings, but every time I rent one, I feel better for having BMWs.

If you test drive them all, I couldn't see how you'd still be undecided. If you want power without finesse or elegance in the interior, get the G. If you want a beautiful suspension with minimalist interior, get the BMW with the sports package, if you care most about looks and interior quality, go for A4.

My friend owns a 2010 A4 that was just in shop to resolve oil issue. It apparently had to do with engine machining defect and was a $4k fix, luckily covered under warranty.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0