10-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel130 View Post

4) The central armrest sometimes gets in the way of my elbow when changing gear - is it possible to move it out of the way? It doesn't seem to do anything apart from slide forward and backwards a few inches - doesn't even seem to lift up.

It requires a good lift up in front to unclip the catch

5) Can the central rear headrest be removed to give better rear visibility - pushing the button in at the collar around the seat back only seemed to let it raise up a small amount - maybe I'm just not pulling it hard enough?

There is a small push bar in the plastic collar you press to release the rails
6) Took a while to work out why the mirrors and heating settings kept changing between uses - now figured out the "his and hers" keys!

7) Still puzzled by the start/stop/ignition button. I thought pressing the button twice having come to a stop should turn everything off. But the other night, the dash lights stayed on after the stop button was pressed a second time. Does it behave differently at night than in the day? They went off after I locked the car.

At night there stay on for about 30 secs or until you lock it. If you want to have the headlights stay on for that time after urning off your engine pull back on the flasher, it will time delay the headlights to allow you to walk to your front door

8) Can't seem to find out how to configure the car so that it:-
a) Always starts with the auto start-stop disabled.
You have to have it reversed by BMW service
b) Always starts in Sport mode
Unfortunately, it is not possible, due to the emmissions requirements in Europe. You may be able to have it done when you get the S/S fixed.

Maybe these items are not configurable, and I have to press buttons after each start up?

Think that's it for now. Hoping to get some time over the weekend to play with the bluetooth / usb / phone integration.
Congrats on joining the 1er club
Appreciate 0