View Single Post
      12-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
avneetrekhi20
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Hello Friends, Need some advice

Hi Friends,

Just completed my driving test and here i am, all set and looking for my first BMW.

I was hoping to get an approved 116i or 118d, preferably SE model because of the extra add on's that you get with these. The budget i initially set was £12k. I am prepared to spend £13k now.

If i have to come down to my 3 must have requirements, it'll be :-

- <4 yrs old (F20) and <50k miles
- Navigation
- Economy (so not looking for sports trim)

I had a test drive for 118D SE and it was very impressive. (I reckon i would have said the same thing for any 2lt Engine as i used a Ford Fiesta during my learning period )

Recently i came across a 120D priced at £14.5k. The car has some impressive features that includes :-
Automatic air conditioning
Cruise control with brake function
Servotronic steering
Electric glass sunroof
BMW Professional navigation system
Harman Kardon hi-fi.
Extended storage.
Run flat tyres.
BMW Assist.
Extended interior light package.
Front and rear park distance control (PDC).
Full black panel display.
Enhanced Bluetooth functionality including BMW Assist

Que -1. Though this model is higher than my allocated budget, Is it worth spending additional £1.5k? (My budget is £13k tops)

Que -2. Can i try to negotiate price with the dealer? Is it normal? If dealer does negotiate, how much reduction can i expect? If he doesnt, can i ask for any add on's?

Que -3. Is it safe to assume 120d is an upgrade over 118d? I have noticed that the fuel economy is almost same in those 2 vehicles. Is that true though?

Que -4. If i have to sell the vehicle in say 2-3 years time, what sort of depreciation is expected (in %) under normal running condition? & does having some decent config helps in re-selling?

Que -5. Can i have blind faith in the car given i am buying from BMW?

Apologies if this has been asked somewhere else! Any help will be hugely appreciated
Appreciate 0