09-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #107
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Wait, are we still talking about the NFL? Because I don't see any Asians and Hispanics playing. This is not a diverse sport at all!
Yes, we are, but not exclusively. I believe when someone threw in the phrase sporting events, the conversation now encompasses all sporting events in the US. Yes, there are Asians and Hispanics playing in the NFL. Even people from other countries playing. Some are already in the Hall of Fame and others are headed there. They are not the majority, but the crux of this issue isn't about Asians and Hispanics playing in the league, it is about race though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3mr View Post
You might want to check up on that. There's a sport called soccer that is the world's most popular sport and mostly in other countries.

Is becoming millionaire throughs sports any more amazing than becoming a millionaire through sitting behind a desk?
Yes Futbol is popular on a world level. Even with my limited knowledge of soccer in less developed countries, i'd doubt there is any kind of opportunity similar to that of playing professional sports in the US. Some of these countries, relatively free, churn out athletic hopefuls so they can be imported into the US collegiate system for an education and opportunity for success. Some might call that the American Dream.

No, becoming a financial success isn't more amazing than doing so through professional channels. The point is, those who don't have the aptitude to become a success through professional channels still are afforded an opportunity for financial success. That opportunity isn't available in most countries that aren't considered free.