Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Norway
Rep
Drives: F20 120d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
don't put the park brake on when the transmission is in "D". There lies trouble.
Forgive me for saying this, but "there lies trouble" isn't really much of a credible argument. Could you shed some light as to why one shouldn't use the parking brake to hold the car while in drive? I'm sure there are a reason, but the "because-I-say-so" argument isn't much helpful.

Also, the auto start-stop function is just horribly annoying with automatic transmission. My previous car was a manual, and it worked so much better in that car. If you roll up to an intersection, you'll keep the clutch down until you are good to go and the engine stays on. But if there's a lot of traffic, you might as well just stick it in neutral, release the clutch and let the engine shut off. It's easy to control it yourself with the clutch. With the auto, even at the slightest stop the engine shuts down. As a consequence of this, I disable auto start-stop every time I start the car. I hope to get it coded at some point, so I won't have to bother with it at all. Ever.
Appreciate 0