10-23-2018, 04:01 AM   #20
MParallel
Mr. OEM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '98 E36 M3 AW/Black 1 of 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Those paddles are the same ones used in the E82 DCT equipped cars. I had the same paddles for my car. Didn't like them. Found the paddles to be too short requiring too long of a finger tip reach. And there is no extension of the paddles downward. So what you see in the pictures is all you get. I swapped out those stock paddles for a Nelson Racing Wheel paddle kit.
And that is why I like them. I don't like these paddles that circumvent half the steering wheel. You can get extensions for them, but not for me.

It was already nice there is just enough room between wheel and stalks to fit these. With longer downward extension, it would interfear with the cruise control stalk, since this one is closer towards the steering wheel.

Although I could remove it, since the steering wheel buttons now control all cruise functions.

Maybe I should do a journal topic, since the option list on this E36 is arguably the most extensive one.

'1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung • 1 von 12 • SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL •

Appreciate 0